Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another Debate: What Does it Matter?


Senator Obama prevailed last night in his second presidential debate with John McCain. Don't bother arguing with me. I have proof positive.

I received a call this afternoon from a friend who contributes five figures annually to Republican causes. He called to tell me that, after listening to last night's debate, he had decided that John McCain just can't stand up to Barack Obama. He felt that Senator McCain lost golden opportunities to challenge Senator Obama on substantive issues and that Senator Obama more than made up for a lack of substance with his powerful, reassuring style.

And then it came: "I'm beginning to warm up to Obama. Can you make sure I won't be on the hit list for contributing to Republicans?" I promised my client a place on an Obama Administration Council of Small Businessmen and grinned like the Cheshire Cat. Eventually my friend will realize there is no lack of substance on the part of Barack Obama. But, in the meantime, the McCain campaign appears to have lost a ladle in its gravy train.

Let's all celebrate this additional brick in the wall of victory for the good guys by clicking here and remembering what it's all about. Excuse me while I take my tongue out of my cheek.

No comments: