Monday, January 10, 2011

Palin's "Oops"

I was going to write about the disgust I felt over Sarah Palin's refusal thus far to acknowledge that putting rifle scope cross hairs on the map of a Congressional District "has consequences" (quoting Rep. Gabriel Giffords, D-AZ, in a March, 2010 interview on MSNBC). To suggest that the absence of known ties between the shooter and Palin or the Tea Party negates culpability on the part of all hate-mongers (Conservative or Liberal) is ridiculous. You and I might not react to Palin's map by taking matters into our own hands. But you and I are sane.



In any event, I refrained from writing because Tucson's Sheriff made my case, bemoaning Arizona's status as the center of hate and bigotry in politics today and warning, again, of the consequences of such inappropriate pandering to basest instincts.



I AM writing today to share a link sent to me by a Facebook friend from Canada. Here's the link to paste into your browser:


http://obamalondon.blogspot.com/2011/01/inexplicable-edits-on-sarah-palins.html



I am not posting it to engage in a debate about whether Sarah Palin has the right to cleanse comments to her FB page. She does. I am posting it to make sure everyone reads to the point of the post on the killing of 9-year old Christina Green:



"It's ok. Christina Taylor Green was probably going to end up a left wing bleeding heart liberal anyway. Hey, as 'they' say, what would you do if you had the chance to kill Hitler as a kid? Exactly."



While comments suggesting the Palin had blood on her hands were removed within a minute or so, whoever was editing the comments on behalf of Palin felt that the "okay to kill Christina Green" comment was appropriately retained.



It seems to me that once you start sanitizing comments to your posts on Facebook, your true colors are shown by (a) what you believe needs to be removed because it is offensive to your point of view and (b) what you allow to continue to be posted because it is not offensive to your point of view.

No comments: